Saturday, May 8, 2010

Learning Things.. good, I guess?

I was a bridesmaid at Laura's wedding this week. Well, technically Maid of Honor, but the only other bridesmaid was her now-sister-in-law Amy, who was the Matron of Honor. Though the set up was intensely frustrating (we do not come from a family of decision makers, and apparently Laura didn't marry into one either) it ended up looking really nice.

I must say, most of it coming together was thanks to Amanda, who was the wedding planner/assistant photographer.. etc. She did a very nice job with the space given. Unfortunately,I didn't end up getting any pictures. I think I even lost my camera, possibly. But I'll still need to check on that.

This wedding.. has inspired me to plan and plan until I can plan no more. I love Laura, but the stress is not something I want to have to deal with. It did give me an idea of what goes on for a rehearsal. I had a general idea, but it was good to see one in action. I also learned that having live music, or fading the music at the end of marches really cuts down on awkward, minute-long pauses.

Anyway, I'm all pumped up and ready to make some stuff! I've started on my bridesmaid headpieces. I had Hannah's done, and it was quite pretty. Unfortunately, it was quite a bit larger and more ornate than my own. Maybe that is vain, but I also was concerned it might obscure half her head. See, I think of others. I'm planing to make the others similar, and ..add a clip, so they're not holding them on. :D

See those large tissue paper pom pom flower things in the background? On the sewing machine with the mustache? Those are fated to end up as a part of this kinda set up.


We will, however, just have an arch, rather than.. a gazebo type contraption. So
hopefully the
tree branches are low hanging enough to have some hanging in the background. Lighter aqua tissue is on its way, along with red and aqua tulle (with expensive enough shipping, my goodness, it can't cost 11 dollars to ship tulle and tissue paper). Maybe I can find some silver tissue that's not a dollar per sheet or only sold in 100 sheet packs. I need more colors so it doesn't look extremely patriotic up there, the turquoise is a little darker blue than I thought.

I'll stop rambling, but here's a picture of my wedding dress with the newly acquired crinoline. (it is super puffy and makes me like the dress a lot more) Hannah, don't worry, I'm pretty sure Calum doesn't even remember this blog exists. Everyone, ignore the bra.

1 comment:

  1. I realize this is quite late, but I must say I enjoy your blog. Haha, I saw you in your dress and automatically thought, Calum better not have seen this picture. Then I read what you put, so I will allow it(four months later).

    ReplyDelete